Currently 2.8% (5 million) of Americans have been diagnosed with a form of bipolar disorder. Bipolar disorder is categorized as periods of depression and manic episodes lasting days to months. Our psychiatrists at Total Health Primary Care will walk you through our advanced assessment protocols to determine the best treatment plan for you. Our team will also work with in exploring adjustments in your diet, exercise, and relaxation habits in order to support your recovery.
100% Safe & Secure Telemedicine Appointments
From the comfort of home, Total Health Primary Care offers telemedicine appointments. From initial consultation through follow up.
Total Health Primary Care is in-network with most major insurance plans including Medicare.
Diverse & Experienced Support
Total Health Primary Care offers an expert team of behavioral physiatrist and support.
Bipolar disorder is a brain malfunction that affects your mood, energy levels, and ability to operate through daily tasks . There are three categories of bipolar disorder:
– Bipolar I: Extreme swings between depressive and manic episodes. Duration of episodes can last days to weeks.
– Bipolar II: Less severe manic episodes with shorter durations but just a treatable as Bipolar I.
– Cyclothymic Disorder: Least severe of the three as it is not as frequent but still involves depressive and manic episodes.
Each bipolar episode type can be identified by specific symptoms.
Depressive episodes usually last for two weeks or longer and cause:
– Intense feelings of sadness, guilt, and hopelessness
– Low energy levels and fatigue
– Changes in sleep patterns
– Changes in appetite
– Lost interest in hobbies
– Poor concentration
Manic episodes can last for a week or more and typically include acute symptoms such as:
– Reduced need for sleep
– More talkative than usual
– Exaggerated confidence
– Taking on too many activities
– Racing thoughts and distractibility
– Risky or self-destructive behaviors
Hypomanic episodes cause symptoms similar to a manic episode, but they’re not as severe. These episodes only last a few days and aren’t as disruptive to your ability to function.
We Can Help Break the Cycle
Schedule a telemedicine consultation within minutes and be seen later that day.Book Now
Medical Care For Everyone.
The quality of your care is our highest priority, and we’re dedicated to giving you the best experience possible. If you’re ever unhappy with our care, please let us know and we will work hard to make you happy. If you want easy access to health care and a practice who really knows you, you’re going to love Total Care Primary Care. We’ve created a new primary care experience that is focused on keeping patients healthy. We believe it will be different than what you’ve experienced before.
Use the online booking engine to secure your appointment.BOOK APPOINTMENT