Baby Blues? Or Possibly More?
Bringing a child into this world is a impactful change not only to your life but your body as well. It’s natural to experience some sadness and anxiety, but if it continues a few weeks after birth, researching postpartum depression(PPD) may provide answers. At Total Primary Care, we are parents before health providers and understand the sense of helplessness PPD can bring on, some of us have been there ourselves.
100% Safe & Secure Telemedicine Appointments
From the comfort of home, Total Primary Care offers telemedicine appointments. From initial consultation through follow up.
Total Primary Care is in-network with most major insurance plans including Medicare.
Diverse & Experienced Support
Total Primary Care offers an expert team of behavioral physiatrist and support.
What is postpartum depression?
There can be a whirlwind of new emotions with the birth of a child. It’s a common occurrence for new parents to experience postpartum “baby blues” after childbirth. It can typically begin within the first few days after delivery, and could last for up to two weeks. If symptoms continue or become more intense after two weeks, a conversation about Postpartum depression(PPD) may be considered. If untreated, PPD may last for months or longer and affect the development of your child. Continue reading below to and see if scheduling a telemedicine consultation is right for you.
What are symptoms of PPD?
Postpartum depression signs and symptoms may include:
– Depressed mood or severe mood swings
– Excessive crying
– Difficulty bonding with your baby
– Withdrawing from family and friends
– Loss of appetite or eating much more than usual
– Inability to sleep (insomnia) or sleeping too much
– Overwhelming fatigue or loss of energy
– Reduced interest and pleasure in activities you used to enjoy
– Intense irritability and anger
– Fear that you’re not a good mother
– Feelings of worthlessness, shame, guilt or inadequacy
– Diminished ability to think clearly, concentrate or make decisions
– Severe anxiety and panic attacks
– Thoughts of harming yourself or your baby
– Recurrent thoughts of death or suicide
PPD Is Not a Diagnosis Of Weakness
Schedule a telemedicine consultation within minutes.Book Now
Medical Care For Everyone.
The quality of your care is our highest priority, and we’re dedicated to giving you the best experience possible. If you’re ever unhappy with our care, please let us know and we will work hard to make you happy. If you want easy access to health care and a practice who really knows you, you’re going to love Total Primary Care. We’ve created a new primary care experience that is focused on keeping patients healthy. We believe it will be different than what you’ve experienced before.
Use the online booking engine to secure your appointment.BOOK APPOINTMENT